Thursday, November 2, 2017

A Bit About Me


           All of my life I've enjoyed writing.  I have written about everything from life and adventures on the farm where we no longer live to grief writhing through my body at the loss of a loved one.

          I have also been an avid reader all of my life.  There was a time I remained consumed in a crime book of some sort that I had checked out at our local library.  I only read true crime.   My paternal grandfather was a homicide victim who's murderer was never captured.  I learned of this bit of family history very early on in life when I became aware of the absence of a second grandfather.  This unsolved crime, the murder of my grandfather has been the fuel that feeds my addiction to reading and watching every crime story, every criminal biography, everything crime related my entire life.

          The first crime book I read was Helter Skelter when I was a nine years old.  That was the match igniting the fuel to the addiction.  The following collection of books I read was published by Time when I was about 10 years old.  I remember reading about the Lindbergh baby and seeing the photos of his corpse with a crack in his skull.  I looked up at Dad and asked, "Who would do that"?  His reply?  "The maid or someone she knew was most likely slipping down the ladder to kidnap the baby for ransom and accidentally dropped him".    He always drew his own conclusion but he didn't force it on me, he simply delivered it in a very straight forward manner.  He wanted me to know these crimes I was reading about were real.  If I came to a different conclusion, he respected that.  



Photo PR Log

          So, back to the crime addiction.  I have found I have a curiosity in "person on person" crime, assaults, murder, serial killers and rapists, pedophiles, etc.  I question my own curiosity sometimes but as I find more and more groups online with the same fascination as I have, I accept my own curiosity as being the norm.  

          For several years now, I have been doing the majority of my reading online.  However,  I do remember the last book I read and the effect it had on me.  


Image result for suffer the little children barbara davis

          Suffer The Little Children written by Barbara Davis was about Jesse Cummings Jr. and the souls he murdered.   I read this book and when I put it down, I didn't read anything crime related for about two years.  I found it very difficult to accept all of the horrible things Jesse Cummings Jr. did to those children.   

          Today is the day I have decided to combine my love for writing, my interest in unsolved crimes, my own personal theories and conclusions and see what comes of the mix.

Take Care! 
~S 

PS Check back for my first post on